ARE YOU INTERESTED IN INTENSIVE POLISH LANGUAGE STUDIES?
After deciding to enroll in the program, please complete the required documents.
Please fill out, sign clearly and send the following forms:Information on data processing
Consent to send information
Regulations of the intensive Program of Polish Language and Culture
- Attach a scan of your secondary/high school leaving certificate to the forms.
- Please send the complete set of documents to the Jagiellonian University’s Institute of Polish Language and Culture for Foreigners at the following address: ul. Grodzka 64, 31-044, Kraków, or by e-mail (as an attachment) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After receiving a letter of acceptance, please pay the non-refundable registration fee of 920 PLN. This will reserve your place in the program. You will receive an individual account number and the payment deadline in the acceptance letter.
- Pay for the annual/semester program as indicated in the acceptance letter. You can pay the fee for the one-year program in two installments (for the first and second semester) - the dates can be found in the acceptance letter. The fee for the annual program can also be paid for the entire year in advance. The fee for the semester program must be paid in full in advance.
- On the basis of the letter of acceptance, a visa must be obtained from a Polish consulate in your country of residence (this does not apply to EU citizens).
- If you apply for a space in a student dormitory and receive written confirmation of a space, you may move into the dormitory after arriving in Krakow (usually 3 days before the program begins).
- The online placement test must be taken after receiving an e-mail with a link and the deadline for taking the test. You will receive your test result after the program begins.
- You will begin the Polish language program at the Jagiellonian University’s Institute of Polish Language and Culture for Foreigners, ul. Grodzka 64, on 2 October 2023 or 26 February 2024.
Due to the limited number of spaces, the Institute of Polish Language and Culture for Foreigners accepts students on a first-come, first-served basis. The application deadline for the first semester is 8 September, 2023; for the second semester – 2 February, 2024.
Important: The Institute of Polish Language and Culture for Foreigners of the Jagiellonian University reserves the right to terminate the application process earlier, if places are occupied and to extend the registration period for the program if there are vacancies.
If you are interested in studying at the Institute, please send the following documents:
- Information on data processing
- Consent to send information
- Regulations of the intensive Program of Polish Language and Culture
- Application form
The above form templates are available on the website https://plschool.uj.edu.pl/intensywne);
- proof of graduation from secondary school/high school (the equivalent of a Polish secondary school certificate – świadectwo maturalne – a document qualifying its holder to enter institutions of higher learning) or (in the case of university students) a document proving academic studies, or (in the case of graduates) a diploma. If the document is issued in English, it must be submitted as an authorized copy, and if it is in another language, it must be translated into Polish or English by a sworn translator;
- a completed application form (included in this brochure and available on the website https://plschool.uj.edu.pl/intensywne);
- a brief description of your reasons for learning Polish (this is important for people planning to begin university studies in Poland or undertake academic internships).
In accordance with legislation by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, foreigners may be accepted into Polish language programs if:
- they possess a visa or residence card, or any other document allowing them to live legally in Poland,
- they either possess an insurance policy that will cover expenses in the event of illness or accident during the period of their studies in Poland, possess a European Health Insurance card, or plan to become insured under the National Health Fund (NFZ) immediately after their course begins.
Documents may be sent by post or as e-mail attachments [email@example.com].
The original copies must be shown after arriving in Krakow, before the program begins.
Part of enrollment for the program consists of completing the online placement test; the candidate will be informed of the result during the oral diagnostic test which is given on the inauguration day, i.e. October 2, 2023.
Important: the test is not taken by people who have no knowledge of the Polish language.
- Minors who have completed high school can be accepted into the program after completing and submitting the following additional documents:
- Consent for the participation of a minor in the intensive Polish language program. The Consent must be certified by a notary public;
- Authorization to take care of a minor;
- Declaration of parents or legal guardians.
The above forms are available on the website https://plschool.uj.edu.pl/intensywne
The documents should be submitted before the program begins, i.e. by September 29, 2023.