NON-INTENSIVE SEMESTER COURSES IN POLISH
The Jagiellonian University School of Polish Language and Culture offers a Non-intensive semester courses “My Polish”, consisting of 60 academic hours. Our programs start in October (1st semester) and February (2nd semester).
Academic year 2021/2022
THE COURSES ARE HELD ONLINE AND IN-CLASS
Participants may enroll in a traditional (in-class) courses held on the School’s premises at 7A Garbarska street, in the very center of Kraków (5-minute walk from the Main Market Square). In order for us to teach an in-class course, a minimum of 5 participants must be enrolled on a given level.
Please kindly be advised that in order to enroll for the program "My Polish", it is necessary to send us a complete application form (both for the in-class and online form), and additionally:
- to present a certificate of full vaccination, submitted no later than 3 working days before the start of the course (a scan of the document should be sent directly to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- to present a negative COVID-19 test result, taken in Poland no sooner than 72 hours before the start of the course (a scan of the document should be sent immediately after the result to the email address: email@example.com)
During the course, participants will be required to complete Health Statements.
- Beginning of the academic classes: October 4th, 2021;
- The end date of the academic classes: February 11th, 2022;
- Afternoon classes: on business days, after 17:00 Polish time;
- Written placement test – online on Open UJ platform, link sent at the enrollment stage, in the e-mail acceptance of the application form;
- Oral placement test – the details will be given in September 2021;
- Remote learning platforms: MS Teams, Webex, Open UJ, Zoom, BigBlueButton, Skype (depending on the teacher and participants preferences);
- Please note: students who have never learned Polish do not have to take placement tests (it is also enough to inform us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org);
Classes: 90 minutes/twice a week – schedule will be agreed upon by the students and the teacher during the first class.
Course consists of 60 academic hours of Polish (1 academic hour = 45 minutes). The scope of the course is focused on general command of Polish, development of all linguistic competences (speaking, reading, listening and writing), and advancement of grammatical and vocabulary competence.
- Qualified teachers who are graduates of the Jagiellonian University in Kraków;
- Small groups;
- Opportunity to obtain 4 ECTS credit points for participation in the entire course on passing the final test;
- Certificate of completion of a course at the Jagiellonian University in Kraków (upon passing the exam).
In order to register for the course, please send us a complete application form (PDF file) to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Confirmation of acceptance and any further information will be sent to you by e-mail.
Location of the in-class course: Center of Kraków, Professors’ House (7A Garbarska Street, 31-131 Kraków).
Course price (for one semester): PLN 1490
Application deadline: September 24th, 2021
Payment deadline: September 24th, 2021
We kindly inform you that we do not accept card payments directly at the School's Accounting Office – please only pay by bank transfer or provide your payment card details in the application form in order to remotely collect the payment.
Participants of the in-class (full-time) program must be at least 18 years of age on the day the program commences.