NON-INTENSIVE SEMESTER COURSES IN POLISH
The Jagiellonian University School of Polish Language and Culture offers a non-intensive courses in Polish for foreign students “My Polish”, consisting of 60 academic hours. Our programs start in October (I semester) and February (II semester).
Academic year 2020/2021
THE COURSES ARE HELD ONLINE AND IN-CLASS
Participants who live in Krakow can participate in full-time (in-class) and online courses held on the School’s premises at 7A Garbarska Street, in the very center of Krakow (5-minute walk from the Main Market Square) or via the remote learning platforms. In order for us to teach an in-class course, a minimum of 5 participants must be enrolled on a given level.
• Organizational meeting: for students in the full-time formula: October 5th 2020 (Monday), 5:00 p.m., 7A Garbarska Street, 31-131 Krakow; for students in the online formula: October 5th 2020 (Monday), 5:00 p.m. via the remote learning platforms (detailed information will be sent before the start of classes);
• Beginning of the academic classes: October 5th 2020;
• The end date of the academic classes: February 10th 2021;
• Written placement test – online, link sent at the enrollment stage, in the e-mail acceptance of the application form;
• Oral placement test – for in-class students: September 28th- 30th 2020 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. after prior appointment for a specific time (place: 7A Garbarska Street), for students in the online formula: September 28th-30th 2020 on the remote platform from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. after prior appointment (platforms: Webex, Microsoft Teams or Lajkonik UJ);
• Please note: students who have never learned Polish do not have to take placement tests (it is also enough to inform us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org);
Classes: 90 minutes/twice a week - schedule will be agreed upon by the students and the teacher after the organizational meeting.
Course consists of 60 academic hours of Polish (1 academic hour = 45 minutes). The scope of the course is focused on general command of Polish, development of all linguistic competences (speaking, reading, listening and writing), and advancement of grammatical and vocabulary competence.
• Qualified teachers who are graduates of the Jagiellonian University in Krakow;
• Small groups;
• Opportunity to obtain 4 ECTS credit points for participation in the entire course on passing the final test;
• Certificate of completion of a course at the Jagiellonian University in Krakow (upon passing the exam).
In order to register for the course, please send us a complete application form to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Confirmation of acceptance and any further information will be sent to you by e-mail.
Location of the in-class course: Center of Krakow, Professors’ House (7A Garbarska Street, 31-131 Krakow)
Course price (for one semester): PLN 1490
Participants of the in-class (full-time) program must be at least 18 years of age on the day the program commences.