Skip to main content

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Skip banner

Web Content Display Web Content Display



  • Do you know Polish at A2 level (i.e. you can communicate with ease in everyday situations) or higher?
  • Do you need to get a document to certify a min. B1 level in Polish at a short notice?
  • Are you applying for EU long-term resident status?
  • Do you still need to brush up on some skills in Polish? 
  • Do you want to speak better and learn to write useful short texts?
  • Do you have too little time to commit to a standard language course?


In October 2023, the Jagiellonian University in Kraków is launching several new Polish courses, targeted specifically at EU long-term resident status applicants who already have some knowledge of the language (levels: A2 or higher).
Due to the fact that the course is intended for people after the A2 level or higher, it is necessary to take a placement test.
The condition for receiving a certificate is attendance at classes and a positive result of the final exam.


Changes to the regulations governing the granting of long-term EU resident's residence permits 

New regulations in requirements for granting a residence permit for a long-term resident of the European Union have been in force since 24 June, 2023. The change refers to a document certifying knowledge of the Polish language at least B1 level. 

The Minister of the Interior and Administration issued the Regulation of 31 May 2023 according to which a certificate confirming knowledge of the Polish language in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages of the Council of Europe, can be issued by a higher education institution.